Pocketbooth HD FAQ
A collection of frequently asked questions and their answers. Well-designed software should be self-explanatory, but occasionally we fall short. Here's an attempt to fill in some gaps.
- How do I change the settings for Pocketbooth HD?
Tap the gear icon located on the bottom-left of any screen.
- How do I post a photostrip to Twitter/Facebook?
From the photo delivery screen, tap the sharing icon on the bottom-right of the screen (it is the silver button with the arrow). Select the appropriate option from the resulting choices.
- Why won't Facebook let me upload strip from outside the app?
Facebook enforces limitations on photos they allow to be uploaded. Oddly, one of the constraints is that the proportions of the photo (width and height) have to be similar in size. So when a photo is a lot taller than it is wide (as is the case with photostrips from Pocketbooth HD) or a lot wider than it is tall (as is the case with a lot of panoramic photos) Facebook won't accept it. The way Pocketbooth HD gets around this constraint when uploading your strip via the in-app upload is by adding some padding on the left and right of the image (thus making it more square).
- OK, so if want to upload strips on my own outside of the Pocketbooth HD app, how do I do so?
Unfortunately (we're hoping Facebook removes this restriction) the only way to do it on your own is either to pad the image yourself, or crop it to less of an oblong shape.
- How do I browse the photostrips I have taken?
Navigate to the photo delivery screen (from the main screen, tap the silver Photo Strips button). Then either swipe left/right or tap the left/right arrows on each side of the photo chute.
- Will you let me choose four photos to insert into the photostrip?
At this time, we don't have any plans to add this feature. Part of the fun of a photobooth is that the photos are taken in rapid succession, and we've chosen to maintain that feature/constraint.
- Are you going to add _______? (insert feature here)
We love hearing your suggestions, feel free to email us.
- What is the current version of Pocketbooth HD?
Version 1.0 is the current version. Check here for version history.
- What printers work with Pocketbooth HD?
Pocketbooth HD is dependent on 3rd party vendor support for printing via AirPrint. See here for the official list from Apple.